On Thursday March 22nd, Raw Opium: Pain, Pleasure, Profits has its New York City premiere screening at an event being hosted by by the International Harm Reduction Development Program of the Open Society Foundations.
Along with the screening, a panel of experts will discuss the film and the issues raised. The notable moderator for the panel is independent investigative journalist, Amy Goodman of Democracy Now!
Neill Franklin, the Executive Director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition and a 34-year law enforcement veteran, is also speaking, along with several other experienced experts of drug policy and harm reduction.
Full event details can be found on Soros.org.
- Peter Findlay, Director of Raw Opium
- Scott Calbeck, Associate Producer and Researcher for Raw Opium
- Neill Franklin, Executive Director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
- Vanda Felbab-Brown, Fellow in Foreign Policy at the Brookings Institution and 2012 Open Society Fellow
- Russ Maynard, PHS Community Services Society Program Director
- Amy Goodman, investigative journalist and syndicated columnist, author, and host of Democracy Now! will moderate the discussion.